Self Evaluation

what skills have i developed throughout this module? how effectivly have i applyed them?
during this module i have gained a greater awareness of the technicality's of creating a digital image and sending it too print, e.g how CMYK gamut range differs from an RGB. This has lead me to gain a greater understanding of new software i.e Indesign. which i feel a lot more confident in using now. Tjis module has also taught me the importance of structure and organisation for example having the day i wanted to print in the print room planned so that the documents could be made in time and correctly (nno missing links, correct colour etc). These skills of planning and organisation are highly transferable and i think will benefit me hugely in future modules.

What approaches to generating work solving problems have i developed?
I have began to document my generation of work better, however i still feel there is room for improvement as i feel i don't always present my full range of development e.g changes to colour on posters in illustrator can be done quickly and when i see something doesn't work i dismiss it rather than copy it to a design sheet to show i did try it and that i realised it didn't work. I feel i that sense i sell myself short, especially in terms of a possible body of work. however i feel i have improved on last year...

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think that the strengths my work are in the detailed analysis of the print process, paper types, ink types etc. particularly because my final piece had a whole section dedicated to paper stocks and how colours and type reproduce on them, I found this to be a useful reference when picking what stock I would print my poster on. I think in that sense when I work on future briefs I will be taking into consideration paper stocks etc from the off rather than leaving it as a last minute decision as I did in previous projects. I also think the way i have began to document development work has began to improve and this something I feel I can build on further.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully?
I felt there were many mistakes i made during the module which effected the final outcome, the book "Neue Haas Grotesk" the second section which the paper samples I found useful, when picking a stock for my poster, and this was my intention that the young designers I would market the book too would find it useful in the same way. however I feel the stock should have had it's name and weight printed on the reverse side, as its not as much help without it. I feel my ability to be able to plan projects ahead in more detail is not strong enough, this way I feel I would be able to make less of these kind of mistakes. I feel I also struggle linking my research into my concepts for work, i think making more use of breaking research down, through the blog etc. i'll be able to make better use of the information.

Identify five things that you will do different next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1\ I would make more of exploring new mediums to further enhance my work, screen printing, different paper stocks etc. which i think add an extra demention to my work
2\ I would will more thoroughly structure and plan how I will execute my projects adding more structure will help to control work load.
3\ I think if i made a stronger mock up of my book the final outcome would have been much stronger.
4\ I feel it would have been helpful if i could have made more of my research and distilled more information from it.
5\ have a more consise file structure when compiling Indesign documents as to avoid missing links and any print problems, which can prove expensive!